Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Daniel Mascio Project 2 - Initials & Object


For my initials I created a scriptive type "d" and use a Garamond letter "m." I liked the dynamic between the two letters. I felt the letter "d" was more playful and energetic, while the letter "m" was more sturdy and stable. Giving an overall balance to the piece.

For my object I chose a coffee mug. I feel the piece came out really well. Dan had commented that I put too many light reflections on the handle of the mug - which I agree with. I had some difficulty with getting my initials to look "right" on the mug - I wanted them to look as if they were wrapping around the mug and I think part of the difficulty was due to the design of the initials themselves; the dynamic variation between the letterforms. I'm not completely happy with how it looks on the finished piece, but overall I like how the piece came out.

No comments: